You can join RASC via the national web site by clicking on Join Now and following the directions. Specify your preferred affiliation with the New Brunswick Centre.
You may also print, fill out, and mail this application form (pdf).
Once you become a member and obtain a RASC ID, you can log in the national web site to update your personal profile. Changes to your mailing address, preferred email address and other personal information may also be performed in this manner. We recommend you keep this information current so that you continue to receive information and any material from the National Office and the Centre.
All RASC members nationwide enjoy the following benefits (as of March 2017, see the national Join Us page for the most current list of benefits):
- A copy of the annual Observer's Handbook;
- Six issues of SkyNews magazine - the Canadian Magazine of Astronomy and Stargazing;
- Six issues of the Journal, the RASC's official publication (in electronic format - print subscription also available);
- Member discounts on other RASC publications such as The Beginner's Observing Guide [currently out of print](new members only) and the Observer's Calendar;
- Members can save up to 25% on the lowest discountable rates on Budget car rentals in Canada and the U.S. Save 10% off best available rates on Delta Hotels and Resorts across Canada as a member.
- NEW - Exclusive RASC Group Home & Auto Insurance Program - save up to 60%
- Access to member mailing lists
Members affiliated with the New Brunswick Centre enjoy these additional benefits:
- Access to loaner telescopes and books
- Voting rights for Centre elections and issues
- Access to NB member mailing lists
Membership renewal is for one year and is due 12 months after you join. You may renew anytime within 2 months of your anniversary month. You have a grace period of 2 months beyond your anniversary month to renew, after which you will no longer retain membership and benefits. You may renew on-line via the National Web site using your RASC ID (click the Renew Membership button), by telephone (888-924-7272) during National Office hours, or by FAX or mail using your renewal notice.